By now you should be able to do all of the following:
- Identify and describe the five passive solar principles.
- Describe the benefits of passive design.
- Describe how LEED certification works.
- Describe what is required for a building to achieve Living Building Certification.
- Evaluate pros and cons of LEED vs. Living Building Certification.
- Describe principles of Energy Star buildings, Passive House Certification, and Energy Use Index.
- Describe the energy efficiency benefits of benchmarking.
- Evaluate the sustainability of cob, straw bale, cooperative housing, and tiny homes.
Reminder - Complete all of the Lesson tasks!
You have reached the end of Lesson 9! Double-check the to-do list on the Lesson Overview page to make sure you have completed all of the activities listed there before you begin Lesson 6.