In this lesson, we focus upon the geopolitics of networks. After discussing the term meta-geography and its connection to the geopolitics of globalization, we will further delve into a geopolitical perspective on transnational social movements as well as terrorism. We end with thinking about how these concepts apply to our selected country of research.
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- define the term meta-geography;
- discuss the geopolitics of globalization;
- identify the key attributes of transnational social movements;
- discuss the geography and history of peace movements;
- discuss the geopolitics of defining terrorism; and
- identify the changing geography of terrorism over the last 100 years.
Required Readings and Assignments
|Geopolitical Analysis Discussion 4A Case Studies: Revolutionaries or Terrorists||See this lesson's module in Canvas for assignment instructions and due dates.|
If you have any general course questions, please post them to our Course Questions Discussion located in the General Information Module in Canvas. I will check that discussion forum regularly to respond as appropriate. While you are there, feel free to post your own responses and comments if you are able to help out a classmate.