I am very happy that you have decided to join us this semester. Before we begin our semester of study together, it is important that you review all of the material in the Orientation and on our course syllabus. These two resources will prepare you to be successful in this course and will make the journey over the next 15 weeks significantly easier for you.
What will we learn about in the Orientation?
- an overview of Canvas, Penn State's course management system
- an overview of the course website
- technical requirements for this course
- how to succeed in this course
- where to get course assistance if you need it
What is due for the Orientation?
The following list is an overview of the activities that must be completed for the Orientation. Detailed directions and submission instructions are located on the page containing the assignment within this orientation.
- Personalize your Canvas space.
- Set up your Canvas notification preferences.
- Log in to this website.
- Introduce yourself and meet the rest of the class.
(Note: You may want to print this page to serve as a checklist as you go along.)
If you have any questions about the syllabus or orientation, please post them to our "Questions?" discussion forum (not email), located under the Modules tab in Canvas. I will check that discussion forum daily to respond. While you are there, feel free to post your own responses if you, too, are able to help out a classmate.
What is next?
Once you are ready, click the next link in the Course Orientation menu and work all the way to the end of the list.