This course website is presented in an open source content management system called Drupal (for information about Drupal, visit http://drupal.org/). One advantage to presenting the text in Drupal is that we can enable registered students to comment and ask questions directly on text pages. Another advantage is that Drupal allows us to publish the text openly for the benefit of anyone who has access to the Internet, regardless of their ability to pay tuition or buy an expensive printed textbook (this is applicable to certain courses in our program).
The Drupal content for this course is broken down into the following sections:
The syllabus links out to course description, and an account of what is expected of each student.
The orientation familiarizes registered students with the learning environments used to conduct Penn State courses.
- Links to lessons.
- When you click on a lesson link, links to the pages that make up the lesson are revealed.
- Navigate between pages using the links at the bottom of each page, OR select a page from the menu.
- Each lesson includes an overview page, checklist page, multiple content pages, and a summary.
A direct link into Canvas, Penn State's course management system.
- Instructor Information - contact and other information about your instructor.
- Program Home Page - links out to the Penn State Online Geospatial Education website for program information.
- Library Resources - links out to Penn State library resources specific to Geography.
- Help - links to helpful contacts for registered Penn State students and other users.
To log in, click on the "login" link. Log in with your Penn State Access ID and password.
- Note the "print" link on each page.
- The "print" link compiles pages or lessons into a single HTML document. The link on the first page of each lesson compiles the entire lesson into a single HTML document.