About the Orientation
In addition to introducing some core concepts for this course, the orientation also serves as your guide to the structure of the course and to our online learning environment.
At the successful completion of the Course Orientation, students should be able to:
- navigate between this course text and the Canvas course management system;
- articulate expectations about how and what will be learned in this online course;
- understand how and what instructors expect students to learn in this online course;
- locate key information about the course, including assignments, due dates, technical information, places to get help, and course policies;
- understand course policies, including academic integrity; and
- communicate with instructors and fellow students.
The next page in this lesson outlines the necessary steps to perform to successfully complete this orientation.
If you have any questions now or at any point during this week, please feel free to post them to The Lounge forum. (To access the forums, return to Canvas via the Canvas link. Once in Canvas, you can navigate to the Modules tab and then navigate to the Course Orientation lesson.) While you are there, feel free to post your own responses if you, too, are able to help out a classmate.