It is now time for you to present your first draft of the group project proposal that you have been working on over the last several weeks. Our experiences in the EU over the next two weeks will provide you with many more perspectives that you can use to refine your proposal in the final weeks of the course. But, before we leave, we would like to hear how far each group has come in their collaboration.
Your group's mini presentation should include the following items. Note that you are free to add additional ideas to your presentation as needed. All group members should be involved in the delivery of the presentation.
- Your business name, logo, and staff involved with this project should appear somewhere in the presentation.
- Discuss the overall scope of your response to NouHu's geospatial data challenge (what unique ideas your business has to offer).
- Discuss specific data sets and variables that are thought to be appropriate for solving this geospatial data challenge. Note that the specific data (and associated variables) are not necessarily confined to UNHCR's refugee database.
- Show two or three existing geovisualizations of refugee data that have spurred an ideation or solution that is of importance to your approach. Explain what, specifically, about these geovisualizations is useful to NouHu's geospatial data challenge.
- Explain the kinds of geovisualization/geovisual analytics tools that you are considering to use in response to NouHu's geospatial data challenge.
The presentation should be no longer than twenty minutes.
You are also expected to give critical feedback on the other groups’ presentations. Feedback guidelines can be found in the Peer to Peer Review Discussion Forums.
Please note that you will be submitting two items in addition to delivering your presentation via Adobe Connect.
- Presentation (one submission per group): Shared via Adobe Connect and uploaded to Mini Presentation Assignment in Lesson 4 Module of Canvas. (6 points)
- Peer Feedback (individual): Provided for each group's presentation via Canvas Discussions. Feedback guidelines can be found in the Peer to Peer Review Discussion Forums. (4 points)
The GEOG 597G Adobe Connect room can be accessed here or in the General Information Module in Canvas.