Case Study Collaborative Project
This week, we will tackle our second collaborative project. This collaborative assignment is designed to pull together what you have learned so far in this class and apply it toward researching and critiquing the use of geospatial approaches and technology in a recent disaster. You will work in teams to gather and condense information to explain and critique how GIS was used in a real crisis situation - the 2021 Haiti Earthquake.
What You Will Learn
By the successful completion of this lesson, you should be able to:
- research and discuss how geospatial approaches can be applied in a real crisis;
- create a Story Map that summarizes what happened and what can be learned from a real crisis;
- critique the use of geospatial approaches and technologies in a crisis situation;
- identify leverage points for the use of geospatial for similar situations in the future;
- describe and discuss the use of geospatial artificial intelligence (geoAI) and its potential impact on geospatial systems for emergency management.
What You Will Do
Lesson 8 is one week in length. To finish this lesson, you must complete the activities listed below.
Please refer to the Course Calendar for specific due dates.
If you have questions about the content or lesson activities, please post them to the General Questions and Discussion forum in Canvas. While you are there, feel free to post your own responses if you, too, are able to help a classmate. If your question is of a personal nature, please email me directly through Canvas.