For this homework, you will read two selections and compose an essay.
- Please read the following selections. Both can be accessed via the Library Reserves link in the General Information Module in Canvas.
- "Chapter 10: Biofuels." Renewable Energies. Ed. Jean-Claude Sabonnadiere. Hoboken, NJ: ISTE Ltd/John Wiley & Sons, 2009.
- "Introduction: An Overview of Biofuels and Production Technologies." Handbook of Biofuels Production: Processes and Technologies. Ed. Rafael Luque, Juan Campelo, and James Clark. Oxford: Woodhead Pub., 2011.
- Write an essay addressing these two questions:
- Question #1: According to these two papers, what is one main advantage to the use of biofuels?
- Question #2: According to these two papers, what is one main disadvantage to the use of biofuels?
Some notes on format:
- Approximate length - 2 pages, double-spaced, 1" margins, 12 point font, name at the top.
- Essay should incorporate answers to both questions.
- Use footnotes to indicate which reading you are referring to (i.e., Luque et al., pg #).
- Use as filename your user ID_HW1 (i.e., ceb7_HW1).
- Upload it to the Homework #1 Dropbox in the Lesson 1 folder under the Lessons tab in Canvas.
Go to the Discussion #1 Discussion Forum in the Lesson 1 folder under the Lessons tab in Canvas. Post a response that includes 2 statements (not your entire essay, but statements) from your Homework #1 essay addressing questions #1 and #2. Take some time to review others' responses. Then respond to at least one other person's post. Discussions will be reviewed by the instructor (me), and grades will reflect critical thinking in your input and responses. Don't just take what you read at face value; think about what is written.