In this lesson, we'll go over solar and anaerobic digestion in a little more detail. We will see some of this in our travels, and I want you to have a better understanding of some of the basics.
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- identify different types of solar technologies;
- explain the basic process by which solar panels generate electricity;
- explain the difference between irradiance and irradiation;
- calculate energy use/generation given power and time;
- evaluate the impact of tilt and orientation on solar PV output;
- calculate the output of a solar array;
- explain how anaerobic digestion converts organic material to biogas; and
- identify some of the benefits of anaerobic digestion.
|To Read||Lesson 6 Online Content||You're here!|
If you have any general course questions, please post them to our HAVE A QUESTION discussion forum located under the Discussions tab in Canvas. I will check that discussion forum regularly to respond as appropriate. While you are there, feel free to post your own responses and comments if you are able to help out a classmate. If you have a question but would like to remain anonymous to the other students, email me through Canvas.
If you have something related to the material that you'd like to share, feel free to post to the Coffee Shop forum, also under the Discussions tab in Canvas.