You should now be able to:
- identify how the concept of territoriality is applied in case study examples;
- identify geopolitical practices of deterritorialization and reterritorialization;
- consider the ways in which boundaries are an important part of the practices of geopolitics;
- identify the types of boundary conflicts within current affairs;
- consider the ways in which the establishment of boundaries is an important geopolitical practice;
- consider how geopolitical agency can undermine or change the roles boundaries play; and
- consider the importance of maritime disputes over territorial demarcation.
Reminder - Complete all of the Lesson 5 tasks!
You have reached the end of Lesson 5! Double-check the to-do list on the Lesson 5 section of the GEOG 128 Readings and Assignments page to make sure you have completed all of the activities listed there before you begin Lesson 6.