Goals and Learning Objectives
- Describe different types of cropping systems types, soil tillage practices, and indicators of soil quality.
- Interpret the effect of cropping systems and soil tillage approaches on soil conservation and quality.
- Distinguish which crop and soil management practices promote soil health and enhanced agroecosystem performance.
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Define and provide an example of some cropping system practices (ex. monoculture, double crop, rotation, cover crop, intercrops).
- Define soil quality and describe some indicators of soil quality.
- Explain some tillage systems and how tillage practices affect soil quality.
- Interpret how the integration of cropping and tillage systems can promote soil conservation and quality.
- Analyze and prescribe some cropping systems and tillage practices that promote soil quality and other agroecosystem benefits.