This week's assignment has two parts:
- The first piece of the assignment requires you to adapt the Lesson 6 walkthrough to your own data. Recall that in the Lesson 4 assignment, you served a WMS using some of your term project data. For this week's assignment, overlay this WMS on a tiled map using Leaflet. Get the popups working on the WMS as well.
The tiled map can either be the map you made in the Lesson 5 assignment, or it can be a third party hosted set of OpenStreetMap tiles.
This task will require just some minor adaptation of the walkthrough code.
The deliverables for this part of the project are A) your HTML source code file, B) a screenshot of the two maps overlayed with a popup displayed (just like the graphics in the walkthrough), and C) a short (200 - 300 word) write-up reflecting on how this part of the assignment went for you, what problems you encountered, and insights you gained from it.
- Which web mapping API was used?
- Which services/layers are brought into this map?
- What principal features/classes of the web mapping API were used? Include links to the API reference documentation for these classes.
- What is one coding technique you learned by looking at the source code of this map?
- What could be improved in this web map implementation in terms of code or additional interactive elements?
Zip these deliverables into a single folder and place them in the Lesson 6 assignment drop box on Canvas.