The ability to synthesize technical information into a concise package that is appropriate for a broad audience is a skill that is hard to hone and yet highly sought after in the workplace. This assignment provides you an opportunity to do just that. I would like you to create a short (5 - 7 minute) recorded presentation about your term project. The presentation will be shared with your classmates.
Guidelines for your video
- Must be no longer than 5-7 minutes (no exceptions!).
- Outline the topic you chose, brief background, and key contributions of your work.
- Create a slide presentation that includes key points, graphics, photos, etc. to explain the project.
- Avoid lots of text (and reading your slides) if you can make the same points with a graphic. You want the audience to focus on what you are saying and not on reading the slide!
- Do not go into extreme detail in five minutes - the idea here is to provide a quick teaser of your work that will entice someone to read your final report.
- Be creative!
Make your video.
You may choose your own screen recording software, or record your screen-cast from within Canvas. Here is a link to instructions on how to use Kaltura Capture to record within Canvas. Note: Kaltura Capture is accessed in Canvas by clicking on My Media in the Canvas menu and "Add new". If you do not use Kaltura Capture, you will need to upload your own video file to My Media using these instructions.
Record your screen while you give your five to seven-minute slideshow (make sure the slides are visible and the audio is clear - using a headset microphone is normally the best way to ensure decent audio quality).
Need more help? Contact the World Campus Helpdesk for assistance.
Directions for creating, submitting, and sharing your presentation can be found with the dropbox.
Review your peers' presentations
Go to the Media Gallery in Canvas and view your peers' presentations. Please provide comments and feedback to your peers in the "Lesson 10 Term Project Presentation Discussion" forum in Canvas. I will leave the course open for several weeks so you are able to view your classmate's work.
- Submit your assignment to the Term Project Presentation dropbox AND to the Media Gallery following the directions in the dropbox.
- Provide comments and feedback to your peers in the "Lesson 10 Term Project Presentation Discussion" forum in Canvas.
See the Course Calendar in Canvas for specific due dates.
The Term Project Presentation is worth 5% of your total course grade and will be graded out of 50 points using the following rubric.
Content and Impact
|The recording provides a concise presentation of the term project that is appropriate for a broad audience. You make strong and logical arguments and provide analytical insights. Ideas are well organized, clearly communicated and relevant.
Flow, Pacing, and organization
|Presentation is well organized. Flow from part to part is seamless. Presentation is well organized and uses media that is appropriate, supportive of content, balanced and well considered.
|Clarity and Mechanics
Slides: show evidence of editing and careful proofreading, graphics are engaging and appropriate, and concepts are integrated in an original manner.
Verbal delivery: The audio recording is free of distractions. You are poised, easy to understand (clear articulation, proper volume, steady rate, etc.), exhibit enthusiasm, confidence, and comfort with the topic.
Length: Meets requirements.