For this week's assignment, seatch the internet for an ArcGIS Online organizational page like the ones we looked at earlier in the lesson; however, it must be one that we did not discuss yet.
Once you've done so, create a blank document and address the following in complete sentences (not bullets or fragments):
- Which organization's page did you review, and what is the URL?
- What kinds of items are made publicly available on the page?
- What kinds of spatial data and maps might be owned by this organization that are NOT made publicly available on this page?
- Are there any items that this organization might put on a Portal for ArcGIS deployment that wouldn't be appropriate to share on the public page for security reasons, etc?
- Examine the ArcGIS Online Service Level Agreement (SLA). What percentage of uptime does Esri guarantee for ArcGIS Online? (Hint: It is 99-point-some-number-of-nines percent. This is why SLAs are often expressed in terms of "number of nines").
- What's one type of web service you could think of where Esri's SLA number of nines might not be a high enough percentage to be acceptable? This is where Portal for ArcGIS might be necessary. Do you believe the organization whose page you looked at would have the resources to run Portal for ArcGIS at a higher number of nines?
- What's one type of web service you could think of where Esri's SLA number of nines might be acceptable?
Please upload your answers above as a single document.