Before we begin our semester of study together, it is important that you review all of the material in the Course Orientation and the Course Syllabus. These resources will not only prepare you to be successful in this course, but they will also help you prepare for the COURSE INFORMATION QUIZ at the end of the orientation. You must get a score of at least 7/8 on the quiz to gain access to the assignment drop boxes for this course...and the answers are all contained in this orientation!
Have you looked at the Syllabus? This Course Orientation will complement and expand on the information provided in the Syllabus. Be sure to review that document carefully!
What will we learn about in the Course Orientation?
- The structure of METEO 469
- The types of assignments in this course
- An overview of Canvas, Penn State's course management system
- Technical requirements for METEO 469
- How to succeed in this course
- Where to get course assistance if you need it
What is due for the Course Orientation?
You should complete the Course Orientation before the first week of class. Please refer to the Course Schedule in the Syllabus for the specific time frames and due dates.
The following is an overview of the activities that must be submitted for the Course Orientation. Detailed directions and submission instructions are located within this orientation.
(You may want to print this page to serve as a checklist as you go along.)
- Personalize your Canvas space.
- Set up your notification preferences in Canvas.
- Register with the University Libraries.
- Log in to this website.
- Introduce yourself at the PERSONAL INTRODUCTIONS discussion forum and meet the rest of the class.
- Complete the INITIAL COURSE SURVEY.
- Take the COURSE INFORMATION QUIZ and score at least 7 out of 8 (87%.)
If you have any questions, please consider posting them to our QUESTIONS? discussion forum, located under the Home tab in Canvas. There, other students may be able to quickly answer your questions, and you can have discussions. However, if you have an urgent question or concern for the instructor specifically, please contact him directly by CANVAS inbox message or e-mail.
On the following pages you will find important information about the course structure, requirements, and technical requirements and assistance — all of which you'll need to know in order to pass the COURSE INFORMATION QUIZ. Remember that you are also responsible for the information in the Course Syllabus.