With this lesson, we continued our survey of energy industries based on energy sources. In this lesson, you learned about the natural gas industry--from exploration and extraction, transportation, resource estimates, demand, usage, and externalities.
- about sources of renewable energy, in the USA and worldwide;
- to quantify biomass and hydropower energy sources, in the USA and worldwide;
- to explain biomass conversion processes, including feedstocks and products of each;
- about biomass logistics and identify major operations;
- details about major factors related to bioenergy economic, social, and environmental sustainability;
- appropriate and correct units of measure to use with electricity data;
- about worldwide trends and projections for electricity generation from renewable sources;
- the major types and components of hydropower plants;
- to apply major factors related to hydropower economic, social, and environmental sustainability.
Have you completed everything?
You have reached the end of Lesson 8! Double-check the list of requirements on the first page of this lesson to make sure you have completed all of the activities listed there.