This week we’ve tried to think about how connected we are to our food, where it comes from, and what are the global repercussions for our commodity chains in regards to food security and sovereignty.
Tasks for this week:
- Read the Course Content (Week 6) section on the course website.
- Reading: Graddy-Lovelace, G. (2017). The coloniality of US agricultural policy: articulating agrarian (in) justice. The Journal of Peasant Studies, 44(1), 78-99
- Reading: Altieri, M. and V.M. Toledo, (2011). The Agroecological Revolution of Latin America: Rescuing Nature, Securing Food Sovereignty and Empowering Peasants. Journal of Peasant Studies, 38 (3): 587–612.
- Film: Glaser, J. and Lopez, D. (Directors & Producers). (2014). Banana Land: blood, bullets and poison. United Stats: Lazarus Films.
- Film: Wolfe, A. (Director) (2007). King Corn. You are what you eat. United Stats: Mosaic Films.
- Take the Week 6 Quiz in Canvas by Saturday at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
- Post your Week 6 Activity and Discussion assignment on Canvas by Saturday at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
Please see the calendar in Canvas for specific due dates.