An Overview of Lesson 6
This lesson will take us one week to complete. Please refer to the calendar for specific time frames and due dates. It has a single focus – the completion of Esri's training course: "Displaying Raster Data Using ArcGIS Pro". This course should take you approximately 3 hours to complete, so plan your time accordingly.
What will we learn in Lesson 6?
After completing this course (Esri's training course: "Displaying Raster Data Using ArcGIS Pro" ), you will be able to perform the following tasks:
- apply common methods to change the appearance of imagery;
- apply appropriate appearance functions to raster data;
- access and complete the tutorial;
- go to the Esri Academy (www.esri.com/training/) and log in with your Esri username and password to go to the Esri Training page;
- use the search function to search for the course “Displaying Raster Data Using ArcGIS Pro”;
- select the “Displaying Raster Data Using ArcGIS Pro” course from the list to begin;
- follow the course outline on the left sidebar to navigate and complete the course;
- print or save a copy of the Certificate of Completion to a place where you can easily locate it.
Activity Part 1: Complete the Tutorial
This tutorial will give you the basic raster essentials needed to complete the term project. You will learn techniques to display and enhance rasters and imagery in ArcGIS Pro, appropriately symbolize rasters based on their attributes and intended use, modify raster properties to support better visualization and interpretation, and apply out-of-the-box appearance functions to enhance the viewing experience.
Activity Part 2: Quiz
After you have completed the course, take the "Displaying Raster Data Using ArcGIS Pro” Quiz.
What is due for Lesson 6?
Submit your Certificate of Completion to the "Lesson 6: Raster Data" drop box by the due date indicated on the course calendar.
This activity will be graded on a simple pass/fail basis but it is worth a full 10% of your course grade. You will "pass" by submitting your Certificates of Completion!
That's it for Lesson 6! If you have any questions, please post them to our Questions? discussion forum. I will check that discussion forum daily to respond. While you are there, feel free to post your own responses if you, too, are able to help out a classmate.