An Overview of Lesson 6
Lesson 6 has a single focus – the completion of two Esri training courses: "Using Raster Data for Site Selection" and "Distance Analysis Using ArcGIS".
What is due for Lesson 6?
This lesson will take us one week to complete. Please refer to the calendar in Canvas for specific time frames and due dates. There are a number of required activities in this lesson, as outlined below. Specific directions can be found within the lesson.
- Complete the "Using Raster Data for Site Selection" course through the Esri Virtual Campus and submit it to the Lesson 6: Esri E-Learning drop box.
- Complete the "Distance Analysis Using ArcGIS" course through the Esri Virtual Campus and submit it to the Lesson 6: Esri E-Learning drop box.
- Answer a short answer essay quiz reflecting on the Esri courses you completed. The quiz can be found in the Lesson 6 Module of Canvas.
- NOTE: To successfully complete this Esri course, you must enable the spatial analyst extension in ArcGIS. To do this follow these steps:
- Open ArcMap.
- Click on "Customize" on the top Ribbon Menu Bar.
- Click on "Extensions."
- Make sure all extensions have a check mark placed next to them.
- Close the Extensions Window. Spatial Analyst is now enabled.
Your proof of completion of the Esri training courses, "Using Raster Data for Site Selection" and "Distance Analysis Using ArcGIS" and submission of the Lesson 6 quiz are due by the end of this lesson.
- Once you have completed the Esri course, their system will present you with a Certificate of Completion. Save a copy of both certificates to submit to me via Canvas.
- Take the Lesson 6 Raster Analysis Reflection Quiz.
The course completion activity will be graded on a simple pass/fail basis. You will "pass" by submitting your Certificates of Completion! The quiz is worth 10 points.
That's it for Lesson 6! If you have any questions, please post them to our Questions? discussion forum. I will check that discussion forum daily to respond. While you are there, feel free to post your own responses if you, too, are able to help out a classmate.