This course website is presented in an open source content management system called Drupal. We can publish the course openly for the benefit of anyone who has access to the Internet, regardless of their ability to pay tuition (this is applicable to most courses in our program. See Open Educational Resources for a full list).
The syllabus links out to course description, and an account of what is expected of each student.
The orientation familiarizes registered students with the learning environments used to conduct Penn State courses.
- Links to lessons.
- When you click on a lesson link, links to the pages that make up the lesson are revealed.
- Navigate between pages using the links at the bottom of each page, or select a page from the menu.
- Each lesson includes an overview page, checklist page, multiple content pages, and a summary.
- Instructor Information - contact and other information about your instructor.
- Program Home Page - links to the Penn State Online Geospatial Education website for program information.
- Library Resources - links to Penn State library resources specific to Geography.
- Help - links to helpful contacts for registered Penn State students and other users.
To log in, click on the "login" link. Log in with your Penn State Access ID and password.
- Note the "print" link on each page.
- The "print" link compiles pages or lessons into a single HTML document. The link on the first page of each lesson compiles the entire lesson into a single HTML document.