Lesson 9 Introduction
Welcome to Lesson 9! In this lesson, you will understand and become familiar with the main parameters that need to be considered when selecting a UAS for geospatial business activities. You will also recognize the main manufacturers of UAV, aerial acquisition sensors, and processing software. There are not many materials in the course textbooks that directly deal with these subjects, but one can indirectly derive some information from them. In addition, several research studies were conducted by private or public groups on the status of market and future prediction.
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) are becoming the most dynamic growth sector, and based on a research study conducted by the Teal Group Corporation, it is expected that the global UAV market will top US $54 Billion in the next decade or so.
At the successful completion of this lesson, you should be able to:
- understand the major considerations in selecting a UAS for geospatial business;
- differentiate between the main providers of UAS;
- discriminate between the main providers of aerial sensors for UAS;
- recognize the main providers of software for UAS data processing.
- Drone Analyst's "Five Things to Consider when Adopting Drones for Your Business"
- Practice with the use of Pix4D software to process the sample data, and produce ortho photo and DSM and submit.
- Prepare your presentation for the final project.
- Submit your final project report.