Things to consider...
As you do the first reading for this lesson, use the following questions to guide your learning. Remember to keep the learning objectives listed on the overview page for this lesson in mind as you learn from this text.
- How is the basic structure of a polymer made up of monomers?
- What are the different chain structures and how do they define polymer behavior?
- What are the four general polymer molecular structures?
- How important are organic polymers, in particular hydrocarbons?
- What are the differences in behavior and structure for thermoplastic and thermosetting polymers?
- What determines whether a polymer material is a good or bad candidate for recyclability or repurposing?
Chapter 4. "Polymer Structures" sections 1-4, 7, 9, 10