Key Learning Points: Lesson 4
- There are various methods used to transport crude oil from the wellhead to the refinery.
- Brent is the “global standard” crude oil stream while WTI is the North American standard and is also the standard for futures trading in crude oil.
- PADDs are regional districts for supply and distribution of crude oil.
- The US still relies heavily on imported crude but domestic supplies are increasing.
- The refining process consists of distillation and conversion and produces several products used in transportation and as petrochemical feedstocks.
Log onto Canvas and complete the lesson quiz
Reminder - Complete all of the lesson tasks!
You have reached the end of this lesson Double-check the list of requirements on the first page of this lesson to make sure you have completed all of the activities listed there before beginning the next lesson.