With this lesson, we continued our survey of energy industries based on energy sources. In this lesson, you learned about the natural gas industry--from exploration and extraction, transportation, resource estimates, demand, usage, and externalities.
- about sources of natural gas;
- a simple explanation of seismology and its role in resource exploration;
- concepts and terminology related to on- and off-shore natural gas extraction;
- about major components of the US natural gas pipeline system;
- benefits and uses of liquefied natural gas (LNG);
- qualifiers in resource allocations and how to report on current estimates;
- to weigh the relative advantages and externalities of hydraulic fracturing;
- about methane leakage and related considerations.
Have you completed everything?
You have reached the end of Lesson 7! Double-check the list of requirements on the first page of this lesson to make sure you have completed all of the activities listed there.