For this week, I want to engage you in a whole-class discussion of the following question:
What do you see as the major roadblocks to expanding the U.S. electrical grid and natural gas pipelines?
This discussion will take place in Canvas in a special discussion forum created for this purpose.
In order for this activity to "work," you will need to participate in this discussion on a daily basis in order to catch up on postings and to contribute your own thoughts.
- In the discussion forum, post your response to the following question:
- What do you see as the major roadblocks to expanding the U.S. electrical grid and natural gas pipelines?
- Read the postings made by the other GEOG 469 students.
- Respond to at least one other posting by asking for clarification, asking a follow-up question, expanding on what has already been said, etc.
Make sure your posting is meaningful! I do not want to see "I agree" type postings! Your responses should add value to the discussion.
- Return to the discussion forum daily to read new postings, answer questions directed specifically to you, and to respond to any other postings of interest with your own questions or thoughts!
All students are expected to participate in the questions in their group discussions in a concise, well-organized, and scholarly manner. Saying, “I agree with Jennifer” is not adequate. You need to say why you agree (or disagree) and support your comments. Comments should be based on information obtained from appropriate reference sources, including lesson materials, previous coursework, Web-based information, or personal experience. You must use proper grammar and spelling for all contributions.
Your contributions to this assignment will be graded on a 15-point scale. Look at the discussion rubric for more details about my expectations.