This will be another practical lesson with several hands-on walkthroughs to explore other features of Unity that are useful for building 3D applications. This includes adding an avatar to a scene such that the user can walk in an environment around buildings; and creating a camera animation to generate a video with a pre-programmed camera flight over the scene. We will learn to import resources from SketchUp, the Unity Asset Store, and to create a 360° movie that can be uploaded to YouTube and then watched in 3D on a mobile phone via the Google Cardboard.
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- Import models from SketchUp into Unity
- Create camera flights and use the Unity Animation View
- Explain different ways to create VR applications with Unity
- Import assets from the Unity Asset Store and add them to a scene
- Create a 360° video in Unity viewable with the Google Cardboard
If you have any questions, please post them to our "General and Technical Questions" discussion (not e-mail). I will check that discussion forum daily to respond. While you are there, feel free to post your own responses if you, too, are able to help out a classmate.