This lesson contained a great deal of detail about the lives of stars, and yet there are still a number of topics that are left before we move on to galaxies. For now, though, you should hopefully have a detailed picture in your head about the process of star formation, evolution, and death for stars of all varieties.
Activity 1 - Lesson 6 Quiz
First, please take the Web-based Lesson 6 quiz.
- Go to Canvas.
- Go to the "Lesson 6 Quiz" and complete the quiz.
Activity 2 - Discussion
For this activity, I want you to reflect on what we've covered in this lesson and to speculate about black holes. Since this is a discussion activity, you will need to enter the discussion forum more than once in order to read and respond to others' postings.
Submitting your work
- Enter the "Black Holes" discussion forum in Canvas.
- Post your ideas about teaching the topic of black holes.
- Read postings by other ASTRO 801 students.
- Respond to at least one other posting by asking for clarification, asking a follow-up question, expanding on what has already been said, etc.
You will be graded on the quality of your participation. See the grading rubric (identical to the one from Earth 530) for specifics on how this assignment will be graded.
Reminder - Complete all of the lesson tasks!
You have finished the reading for Lesson 6. Double-check the list of requirements on the Lesson 6 Overview page to make sure you have completed all of the activities listed there before beginning the next lesson.