About this Lesson
In this lesson, we'll take a closer look at perspectives and frameworks for energy policy analysis. We'll examine various approaches to the analysis of energy policy and consider the utility of different frameworks in the context of energy policy. We're going to break the lesson down into three main areas.
- Steps of policy analysis
- Qualitative vs. quantitative assessments of policy
- Perspectives for policy analysis
By the end of this Lesson, you should be able to:
- describe how PTEM is different from human behavior;
- appreciate the utility of systems analysis for energy policy;
- apply science to policy issues (and understand the role it plays in policy formulation);
- understand the concepts of feedback systems and sustainability;
- be familiar with environmental and social impact analysis.
What is due this week?
This lesson will take us one week to complete. You are responsible for this lesson content, external assigned readings, and lesson activities. Please refer to Canvas for deliverables and due dates.
If you have questions, please feel free to post them to the "Have a question about the lesson?" discussion forum in Canvas. While you are there, feel free to post your own responses if you, too, are able to help a classmate.