In this lesson, we will continue discussing the drilling of oil and gas wells. In particular, we will discusst the major systems and sub-systems of modern rotary drilling rigs including their roles in the drilling process.
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- describe and discuss the five major systems of a drilling rig:
- the Power System,
- the Hoisting System,
- the Circulation System,
- the Rotary System, and
- the Well Control System (Blowout Prevention System);
- discuss the role of these systems in the drilling of oil and gas wells;
- list the sub-systems that comprise these five major systems;
- describe the important sub-systems on the drilling rig;
- discuss the drilling process and how rig activities and systems interact during this process
Lesson 9 Checklist
|To Read||Read the Lesson 9 online material||Click the Introduction link below to continue reading the Lesson 9 material|
|To Do||Lesson 9 Quiz||Take the Lesson 9 Quiz in Canvas|
Please refer to the Calendar in Canvas for specific time frames and due dates.
If you have questions, please feel free to post them to the Course Q&A Discussion Board in Canvas. While you are there, feel free to post your own responses if you, too, are able to help a classmate.