While you read the material for this lesson in your e-book and on the course website, use the following questions to guide your learning. Also, remember to keep the learning objectives listed on the previous page in mind as you learn.
- What contributions did the Egyptians make in the development of materials processing?
- What is the difference between melting and smelting?
- How do single crystal and polycrystalline material differ in grain structure?
- How do crystal and polycrystalline materials differ in their atomic/molecular structure?
- What is the difference between an amorphous and crystalline material?
- What is the difference between crystal structure and a crystal system?