Goals and Objectives
- Students will continue to develop the fundamental geospatial skills and concepts needed to assess cyclones and their formation.
- Students will develop an understanding of the relationships between the atmosphere and hydrosphere that result in the development of cyclones.
By the end of this module, students should be able to:
- describe the atmospheric conditions that are required for the formation of tropical and extra-tropical cyclones;
- analyze case studies of how coastal systems are impacted by cyclones;
- investigate geomorphological changes that result from coastal hazards.
Module 5 Roadmap
In addition to reading all of the required materials here on the course website, before you begin working through this module, please read the following required readings to build some required background knowledge on storm surge:
Extra readings are clearly noted throughout the module and can be pursued as your time and interest allow.
If you have any questions, please use the Canvas email tool to contact the instructor.