What will we learn?
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- describe the concept of greenhouse gas mitigation and articulate the role it plays in addressing the climate crisis
- understand the difference between climate change mitigation and adaptation measures
- value the importance of stabilizing atmospheric CO2 concentrations
- articulate the importance of staying within the carbon budget to contain warming to between 1.5-2 degrees Celsius
- understand the timescale on which emissions stabilization and reductions must occur to stay within that warming range
This lesson explores greenhouse gas mitigation — actions that prevent, limit, delay, or slow the rate of climate change.
What is due for Lesson 7?
Lesson 8 will take us one week to complete. Please refer to the Calendar in Canvas for due dates. Specific directions for the assignment below can be found within this lesson.
Complete the following steps to complete Lesson 7:
- Work through the Lesson 7 content on this website
- Read the required reading assignments
- Take the Lesson 7 Quiz
- Write your Write to Learn response
If you have questions, please feel free to post them to the Ask a Question about Lesson 8 forum. While you are there, feel free to post your own responses if you, too, are able to help a classmate.