This lesson addresses GHG emissions from the energy sector including activities related to power generation & industrial energy demands and transport.
What will we learn?
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- understand the role of the energy sector in overall emissions profiles;
- differentiate mobile, stationary, and fugitive sources of GHG emissions and give examples of each;
- describe the growth in GHG emissions from fossil fuel consumption and explain GHG emissions from electricity-generation systems;
- discuss the rapid increases in energy consumption and GHG emissions from the transport sector worldwide
- discuss US contributions to global transport emissions and how they compare to those of other nations;
What is due for Lesson 2?
Lesson 2 will take us one week to complete. Please refer to the Calendar in Canvas for specific time frames and due dates. Specific directions for the assignments below can be found within this lesson.
This week's to-do list:
If you have questions, please feel free to post them to the Ask a Question about Lesson 2 forum. While you are there, feel free to post your own responses if you, too, are able to help a classmate.