Before we begin our semester of study together, it is important that you review all of the material in the Course Orientation, as it will not only prepare you to be successful in this course, but it will also help you prepare for the "Course Readiness" quiz at the end of the orientation. You must get a score of at least 90% on that quiz to gain access to Lesson 1 (as well as the rest of the course!). The answers are all contained in this orientation!
Have you looked at our syllabus?
This course orientation will complement, and expand on, the information provided in our syllabus. Be sure to review that document, too...carefully!
Watch a brief video introduction from Dr. Alley!
What will we learn about in the Course Orientation?
- The structure of GEOSC 10
- What assignments are required in this course
- An overview of Canvas, Penn State's course management system
- Technical requirements for GEOSC 10
- How to succeed in this course
- Where to get course assistance if you need it
What is due for the Course Orientation?
- Read and understand the Syllabus
- Read the course orientation
- Set your communication preferences in Canvas
- Introduce yourself
- Take the course readiness quiz and pass with a score of 90% or better
- Complete the StudentsSpeak #1
If you have any questions, please feel free to send an email to me, the course instructor, AND the TA's. Failure to email both of us will result in a delayed response.
Read all of the pages in the Course Orientation and the Syllabus before moving on to take the course orientation quiz.