End of Module Recap:
In this module, you should have grasped the following concepts:
- techniques used to study the oceans and their properties;
- distribution of the major properties (temperature, salinity, oxygen, nutrients) of surface and deep water and the processes that control them;
- the drivers of surface ocean circulation and how it impacts climate;
- the drivers of deep ocean circulation and the dominant deep water masses;
- upwelling and downwelling and how they impact ocean properties;
- El Niño Southern Oscillation and how it impacts global weather patterns;
- the global conveyor belt;
- likely changes in the ocean circulation in the future and how they will impact climate.
You should have read the contents of this module carefully, completed the lab and submitted in Canvas, and taken the Module Quiz. If you have not done so already, please do so before moving on to the next module. Incomplete assignments will negatively impact your final grade.
- Lab 5: Ocean Properties & Circulation